The Grey Bruce Highlanders are now accepting applications for the position of Head Coach for the following age groups - U11 (2012); U12 (2011); U13 (2010); U14 (2009); U15 (2008);U16 (2007); U18 (2006/2005).
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to Doug Griffiths, VP Hockey Operations, at [email protected]
Please identify the Age Division in your cover letter.
Applications will be received up until January 23, 2022 and virtual interviews will be scheduled the following 2 weeks.
Thank you for your interest in the Highlanders.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: HEAD COACH OVERVIEW
Reporting to the Vice President, Hockey Operations, the Head Coach is responsible for all Team matters.
The Head Coach shall delegate off ice matters to an appointed Team Manager, however, ultimate accountability rests with the Head Coach.
The Head Coach shall operate the Team consistent with the Association Policy Manual and the Rules & Regulations of the governing bodies of hockey (OMHA, OHF, Hockey Canada).
• Recruits Team Staff and ensures that they possess the required Certification. All candidates must be submitted to the Executive for approval prior to publication.
• Proactively recruits potential players from our Home Centres in a manner that is in compliance with OMHA/OHF Regulations.
• Manages the Team Try Outs and selects the players best suited to fill the positions on the Team. Try Out decisions are compliant with our Try Out and F1 Waiver Policies.
• Schedules player/parent meetings per the Association’s Meeting Policy.
• Determines the requirement for Exhibition Games and Tournament participation.
• Develops and implements a Hockey Development Plan for the season and coordinates with the Association’s Skills Development Program.
• Ensures player participation in the Skills Development Program and appropriate Coach representation.
• Manages any parent/player concerns or complaints in a professional manner consistent with the Complaint Policy.
• Seeks guidance and counsel from the Executive as necessary.
• Reports Team progress to the Executive as requested.
• Attends all scheduled Coach Meetings as scheduled by the Association.
• Projects a positive attitude and promotes the Highlanders Association.